Welcome to Pofferdorie
At Pofferdorie, Aruba’s premier destination for all things poffertjes, you can enjoy the traditional Dutch treat freshly made right in front of you on a hand-beaten solid copper cooking plate. Our poffertjes are fluffy mini pancakes served with lashings of melted butter and powdered sugar. You can also top them off with a plethora of delicious toppings, including our daughter’s homemade caramel sauce, “Kira’s Secret Sauce”. Whether you’re looking for a quick and convenient snack to grab and go or a sweet treat, Pofferdorie’s poffertjes are sure to satisfy your cravings. Come experience why poffertjes are the perfect guilty pleasure anytime you’re in Aruba! You won’t find poffertjes like these back home.
At Pofferdorie, you’ll find a wide selection of toppings that go very well together with freshly baked poffertjes. Choose between traditional, stroop, cinnamon, Dutch farmboys, Kira’s Secret Sauce, Oreos & cream, The Winston Churchill, Nutella, French, Sweet Aruban Love, Bourbon Street Apple Pie, or strawberries.
No matter what your preference is, Pofferdorie can provide something to satisfy it.
Where to find Pofferdorie
The Pofferdorie experience
Bake your own poffertjes
If you can’t make it to the island and you want to try poffertjes, use this recipe. It is guaranteed the best recipe you’ll find!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Heat a large skillet or poffertjes pan over medium heat and add enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Drop tablespoon-sized scoops of batter into the hot oil. The poffertjes should be about 3 inches apart.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the poffertjes are golden brown and cooked through.
- Flip the poffertjes over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the poffertjes from the pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve warm with butter and powdered sugar. Enjoy!